Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Summer Resolution

This school year was so busy and stressful, with grad work piled on top of my grading and lesson plans.  I'm ready for a refreshing, craft-filled summer!

I participated in my first online challenge!  This color challenge comes from My Pink Stamper.  The challenge was to use orange, green, and turquoise.  I made this card as a thank you for a student who gave me a gift at the end of the year.

Cartridge:  Paisley (cut at 4 inches)
Paper:  Colorbok
Ribbon:  The Ribbon Boutique
Stamp:  My Pink Stamper Everyday Life
Ink:  Staz On Pumpkin
Orange Peel Stickles

PS - My next summer project?  Figuring out why my camera is taking fuzzy pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I understand about balancing teaching, crafting and grad school. I teach 9th grade English and last year I finished grad school in December. It was crazy! Needless to say my Christmas crafting did not get done. Oh well..that is the life us teachers lead, huh? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun challenge. Glad you entered your first challenge. Hopefully there will be more. If you get a chance come take a peek at mine.

    Georgiana
    http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/color-challenge-with-mps.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey! Great blog and super cute card on the mypinkstamper challenge! I am a new follower of your blog, and boy do I know about balancing everything. I am also a grad student and my husband is deployed to the middle east, so I have too much responsibility, but I just want to CRAFT! LOL! Anyway, I just love your card, it makes me want to turn on my ipod and go for a long walk! Have a great day!
    http://www.bookooblessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete